Aluminium alloy sheet 5052 and aluminum alloy 3003 differ from each other in chemical composition, mechanical properties, specifications, application scopes and prices.
1. In terms of chemical composition, 3003 aluminum alloy plate is an aluminum-manganese alloy, and the main alloying element is manganese. 5052 aluminum alloy plate is an aluminum-magnesium alloy, and the main alloying element is magnesium. The aluminum content of 3003 aluminum plate is slightly higher than that of 5052 aluminum plate.
2. In terms of mechanical properties, the tensile strength of 3003H24 aluminum alloy sheet is 145-195Rm/MPa, while the tensile strength of 5052H24 aluminum alloy sheet is as high as 230-280Rm/MPa, which is much higher than 3003H24 aluminum sheet; the extension strength of 3003H24 aluminum sheet is 115Rm/MPa. The extension strength of 5052H24 aluminum plate is 150Rm/MPa. Therefore, the performance of 5052 aluminum alloy plate is significantly better than that of 3003 aluminum plate.
3. In terms of common specifications, 3003 aluminum plates are mainly thin plates, and thick plates are not widely used; and 5052 aluminum plates are widely used in addition to thin plates.
4. From the scope of application, 3003 aluminum plate is mainly used in humid environments, such as product packaging, refrigerators, air conditioners, cold storage, ventilation ducts, etc. In particular, 3003 aluminum sheet for roofing is very popular. The 5052 aluminum plate is often used in electrical enclosures, transportation vehicles, pressure vessels, etc., and is a common material for manufacturing automobile and aircraft fuel tanks and tubing.
5. From the price of aluminum sheet, the price of 3003 alloy aluminium sheet is slightly higher than that of pure aluminum sheet, while the price of 5052 aluminum sheet is significantly higher than that of 3003 aluminum sheet. According to different specifications and thicknesses, the price of a ton of 5052 aluminum sheet is about 2000-3000 yuan higher than the price of a ton of 3003 aluminum sheet.